Courses I teach regularly and am currently teaching:
- The History of Writing Systems and
Symbols: From Cuneiform to Emoji
- Language in Culture & Society
- Language Documentation & Conservation
Courses I have taught previously:
- Archaeology & Languages of the Pacific
- History of Civilizations to 1500
- Historical Research and Writing
- Introduction to Language (LING 102), Department of Linguistics, University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
2018 Berez-Kroeker, Andrea; McDonnell, Bradley; and Okura Koller, Eve. EAGER: Data Science Literacy. Pre-conference Workshop. Linguistic Society of America annual meeting. Salt Lake City, Utah, United States.
Invited Guest Speaker
2018 Language endangerment and language nests (video conference guest lecture). Invited by: Nicholas David. Boston University, Boston, MA, United States.
2016 The state of language nests: an international study. Invited by: Dr. William O’Grady for Linguistics 650, Language Revitalization: A 20 -year plan, University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa, Honolulu, HI.
2014 The parameters of base numerals in the world’s languages: A typological analysis. Invited by: Dr. Melody Ann Ross, Linguistics 120, Languages of the Pacific, University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa. Honolulu, HI.
2014 A review of phonological analyses. Invited by: John Van Way, Linguistics 320, General Linguistics, University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa. Honolulu, HI.